ALPHA LIPOIC ACID (ALA) IV THERAPY
Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) is found in all human cells - it helps turn nutrients into energy! But ALA is also a potent antioxidant - and it’s one of the only antioxidants that is both fat- and water-soluble, so it works it’s antioxidant magic in any cell or tissue in the body.
Alpha-Lipoic Acid is a mitochondrial compound highly involved in energy production.
When consumed in higher amounts through supplementation such as ALA IV Therapy, ALA becomes a potent antioxidant. Many common diseases and symptoms of aging are truly the result of oxidation and inflammation; ALA helps counteract those processes.
ALA is created by the body in small amounts, and can also be consumed by eating red meat and organ meats. It’s found minimally in certain fruits and vegetables such as broccoli, tomatoes, spinach and Brussels sprouts.
- Diabetes & Diabetic Neuropathy
- ALA has a long history of use in both diabetes and resulting diabetic neuropathy, and has been used extensively in Germany to treat neuropathy since 1959. Studies have shown it can lower blood sugar, reduce insulin resistance, and ease the symptoms of nerve damage.
- Weight Loss
- ALA has been shown to have some potential as a supportive supplement for weight loss by reducing an enzyme - known as AMPK - that increases feelings of hunger, as well as increasing the number of calories the body burns at rest.
- Some studies suggest that the extremely potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of ALA may slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Inflammation plays a major role in many - if not all - disease processes. Things like cancer, heart disease, and diabetes are all linked to inflammation. ALA’s antioxidant effects neutralize free radicals and reduce oxidative stress, which leads to lower levels of C-reactive protein (a major inflammation marker), lower LDL (bad) cholesterol, and lower triglycerides.
- Nerves & Carpal Tunnel
- ALA supplementation slows the progression of carpal tunnel syndrome, and improves the outcomes of carpal tunnel surgery.
Dosing & Pricing
Add Alpha Lipoic Acid to an IV drips:
Add-On Dose = 25mg
Price = $25/25mg
What are people saying about ALA IV Therapy?
Many patients love Alpha Lipoic Acid IV therapy for the anti-aging impacts from such a strong antioxidant - great as an add-on for the Lean Vitality or Turn Back Time!
IV ALA might be worth a try if you’re concerned with supporting symptoms of diabetes, neuropathy, or carpal tunnel! Ideally we would add it to the Myers’ Cocktail for balanced support.