IV Magnesium - Find Your Chill!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Vitamin supplementation is for wellness only, and not intended to cure or treat disease.
Magnesium is essential for good health & is needed for many vital bodily functions, including helping your body RELAX.
Unfortunately, most people today aren’t getting enough magnesium through diet alone – one study shows that up to 75% of Americans aren’t meeting the recommended daily intake of magnesium.
Not to worry - Prana IV Therapy offers magnesium IV therapy to give your body an instant boost of the magnesium it craves!
What is magnesium?
Magnesium is a mineral found in just about all plants & animals. It’s actually the 4th most abundant mineral in the human body, and we require it for a whole host of vital bodily functions, such as converting food into energy, converting amino acids into proteins, relaxing your muscles and regulating your brain chemicals.
What can magnesium IV therapy do for me?
- Headaches: Magnesium is typically very effective at treating headaches. In fact, one study showed that IV magnesium fixed 80% of headaches in 15 minutes! This includes all types of headaches. Studies even show that magnesium helps with migraines!
- Boosts Performance: Magnesium is incredibly beneficial to athletes, or anyone who exercises regularly. Magnesium is responsible for moving sugar into your muscles for energy, and shuttling lactic acid back out, making it essential for both performance and recovery. In fact, a study on triathletes found that magnesium supplementation boosted event times and decreased recovery times!
- May Help Combat Type 2 Diabetes: Magnesium plays a vital role in blood sugar regulation. Many studies have found that diabetics are frequently low in magnesium, and conversely people with high magnesium levels are far less likely to develop diabetes. Supplementing with magnesium has actually been shown to improve blood sugar and A1c levels in people with type 2 diabetes!
- Helps with PMS: Magnesium has been shown to reduce PMS-related bloating and improve mood! Everybody knows that chocolate is one of the most common cravings women experience in the week before their period, but did you know it’s likely in part due to the high magnesium levels found in chocolate?
- May Help Fight Depression: Magnesium plays a critical role in brain function – in fact, studies have even shown people with low levels of magnesium are 22% more likely to be depressed!
What are signs of low magnesium?
Some signs of low magnesium include:
- Memory problems
- Muscle weakness
- Muscle cramps
- Tremors or shaking
- Problems swallowing
Why IV magnesium over food or oral supplements?
While many foods claim to be good sources of magnesium, unfortunately today’s depleted soil puts those claims into question.
Magnesium is a mineral that must occur in the soil for it be taken up into the plant, but modern farming techniques have reduced the amount of naturally occurring minerals in the soil.
Another reason has to do with drugs – prescription and over-the-counter – as well as other substances that could be robbing your body of magnesium.
Many common drugs deplete your body of magnesium in one way or another – some common drugs like protein pump inhibitors actually decrease your ability to absorb magnesium through oral supplements that need to be broken down by stomach acid!
Soda is even worse – the phosphoric acid in soda actually binds to magnesium, making it impossible for your body to absorb.
IV magnesium provides a solution. Magnesium IV therapy delivers the magnesium straight into the blood stream, bypassing the digestive system altogether.
This allows your body to immediately funnel the magnesium to where it needs it most – skipping the steps required to extract it from your food, absorb it through your gut, and convert it into usable form.
What does Prana IV Therapy offer?
Prana IV Therapy offers IV magnesium in many of our IV drips, including:
- Morning Sickness & Nausea
- 86 Hangover
- Migraine Mix
- Myers' Cocktail
- Turn Back Time
- The Mega
- NAD+ Brain Food
We can also add a dose of magnesium to ANY of our IV drips!
Where can I get my Magnesium IV?
When you choose Prana IV Therapy, you have TWO ways to get your drip - in the comfort of your home, hotel or office with out mobile service, or at our Scottsdale IV clinic!
The choice is yours - either way, we can't wait to see you!